Moving doesn’t have to be stressful! Keep these 5 moving tips in mind for a faster and more efficient moving experience:
1. Don’t Procrastinate – If you wait until the last minute to start packing, you can be sure to expect a stressful moving day. However, if you take the initiative to plan in advance, you can make the process easier on yourself. Start by packing rarely used items and work your way towards frequently used items. For example, pack up the seasonal decorations way in advance but wait until the last minute to pack your toothbrush! Be sure to label everything to make for quick and easy unpacking later on.
2. Get Creative When Packing Breakable Items – Wrap fragile items in newspaper or clothes to save money on expensive bubble-wrap.
3. Purge your Apartment – Use this move as an opportunity to rid your apartment of unused and unnecessary items. This will save you time and space when it comes to packing. Make some extra cash by selling items you don’t need anymore, or rack up some good karma by donating to your favorite charity.
4. Pack Smart – When packing items that are diverse in shape and weight, be sure to pack the heavier items on the bottom and the lighter ones on top. Put clothes or newspapers on the bottom of each box for some additional cushion.
5. Pack an Overnight Bag – Plan to pack a bag that includes all the essential items you cannot live without, including your toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, soap, a change of clothes, and anything else you might need on the day of the big move.
Whether you are hiring personals or enlisting the help of your friends, make moving day easier on yourself by following these basic guidelines. Everyone on your moving team will thank you for it!
If you’re looking for professional apartment movers in the Houston area, contact the 150 Movers to help you with your move.