5 Tips on How to Hire an Affordable Moving Company in Houston
When you are ready to plan your moving excursion, be sure to hire an affordable moving company in Houston that offers a flat rate. The last thing you want to happen on moving day is a deluge of surprise hidden fees. You should keep in mind these following five tips to ensure that your valuables are in the right hands.
1. Ask Your Friends – Put the word out around your office, your neighborhood and your circle of friends that you are looking for a affordable, reliable moving company. Sometimes the best advertising comes from word-of-mouth.
2. Check Their Qualifications – Visit the website of the Better Business Bureau (bbb.org) to see how a moving company measures up to their standards. It’s also important to visit consumer-advocacy sites, such as movingscams.com, to see if the company is on any black lists.
3. Carefully Analyze the Estimate – Double and triple check the final estimate to make sure you are getting what you pay for. Look out for the term “written binding estimate,” because that is sure indicator of professionalism. If you are buying insurance, make sure you know exactly what the insurance covers – the more questions you ask the better!
4. Compare Companies – Don’t settle on the first estimate given to you by the first company. It’s important to get a quote from at least three moving companies, and then make an educated decision based on those bids. Don’t be afraid to negotiate – negotiating is how you guarantee to snag the best possible price.
5. Are they Licensed and Insured? – Check out the company’s website for their license and insurance information. If there is none listed, that’s a big red flag! Professional moving companies should be both licensed and insured.
If you keep these five tips in my mind, then finding a cheap moving company will be almost effortless. Price isn’t everything, however. If the price is unreasonably low, then the reason why might be suspect.
Do you want more moving tips? See the below articles
Contact 150 Movers for more information
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (713) 492-5599